The Land-Use Action Team met with Stakeholders at the Westside Future Fund’s offices at the City of Refuge. It’s the third in a series of ongoing meetings for each of the six target areas that will influence and drive the action plan. This round focused on Vine City. Stakeholders were grouped into categories of Community Leadership, Developers & Property Owners, Transportation, Choice Neighborhood, City of Atlanta Inter-Department, and Department of Watershed.
Choice Neighborhood Implementation Team
AHA focus is Ashview Heights/AU center
- Invest Atlanta is mostly Vine City
- CAN’T do English Avenue under Choice Neighborhoods program
Neighborhood critical plan
- Use Land-Use Action Plan meetings as platform to flesh that out.
Creating tool box
Plans for renter to owner – being put together by AHA
Acquisition Money – hardest thing to get
- Need to lay out where the money is going
- Trying to create a comprehensive plan on acquisition and development
- Putting out RFP
Having a comprehensive plan for retail for MLK corridor –
- Did economic study five years ago (huge leakage going outside neighborhood)
How are we coming together?
- Know what everyone is doing
- Can drive the decision over the next 5 years.
- Disposition plan will take public investment to make happen.
Boone Blvd Corridor
- Prioritized by community
- Connectiveness and feasibility
- Public works/ complete streets work
- Improvements on the Westside TAD
- Proposals due on Tuesday (design/build contract)
- Completed by June 30th 2017
- Amendment to Connect Atlanta’s citywide 2008 comprehensive plan
- Cycle Atlanta took the route inside to prioritize bike corridors
- Improve intersections for pedestrians/bicyclists (especially on Northside Drive)
- Resurfacing – look at how to we include bike infrastructure
- Bike Share Launching June 9 ( 500 bikes) end of year at Vine City/Ashby MARTA Stations
- Bike Ambassador Program (hiring 10 people from neighborhood)
- Have neighborhood identify best Bike Share stations
AECOM – GaDOT – Northside Drive
- Potential connection with I20
- Meeting with the community – multiple stakeholder and public – citizen advisory committees –
- Had first round of citizen advisory committee
- Develop it into alternative plans
- Based on traffic
- Based on accidents –
- Incorporate existing plans – not preclude